• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Out of space after new Rom install?

ravenzero

Jul 23, 2010
Hey yall,

I recently installed XtrSense rom on my wifes Eris, and now she came to me today saying that she is getting "Low on space" errors, sure enough I checked, she only has 14mb on internal memory.

I checked the amount of apps she has, and it wasnt much more then I had the phone when it was stock, she has like 20 apps in there, and when I had the phone on Stock, I had 30 apps and 100+mb free

So, is it the rom that is taking up all the space? or the Nandroid backup?
If I enabled Apps2SD will that move all apps to the sd card?

30MB for the contacts, biggest thing on there, you think thats it?

Most definitely the problem. It frustrated me so much, that I switched to a different ROM and the problem was resolved. Maybe someone who is running the ROM you are can help you with it. I'm sure there are duplicate contacts (perhaps from HTC Sense FB if you're using it).

Upvote 0
how did you fix it?

Sometimes disconnecting the sync and re-syncing will help. Maybe reflash the ROM? I'm not sure. I took the easy way out and flashed a different ROM. I still use the HTC FB contact sync. I don't use the FB for Android contact sync. All is good for me so far on Sense-able. Contacts synced properly in about 2 minutes.

Reactions: ravenzero
Upvote 0
I had the same problem with xtr 3.0.3. i fixed it by disabling the fb for sense sync under settings>accounts and sync, and facebook contacts synching within the fb app. then went into settings>apps>contacts storage and cleared data. this will wipe all contacts but then you can resync google contacts. then download syncmypics from the market and use to sync fb pics to contacts. hope this helps

Reactions: ravenzero
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones