1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Out of the box

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GNS1310, Dec 27, 2011.

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member

Is the battery mostly charged? UPS just dropped it off...unboxed it, took off the back cover, popped in the sim card, popped in the battery and have it charging now...battery led went on/off a couple times now it's a steady red. It's looks so nice next to it's little brother (Incredible)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member

No, now it's charging. You want to let it go until it's fully charged. It'll turn green.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

There is some debate on this but I always condition the battery by fully charging then allowing it to fully discharge a couple of times. My battery will get to 90% very quickly then take almost as much time to complete the last 10%.

4. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member

It must not have had much of a charge coming out of the box because it's still charging an hour and a half later. I also do full charge drain the 1st couple/few cycles, plus every couple months after.

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

it may take a couple of hours to charge it all the way from out of the box.

I always unbox a new phone and then let it charge all the way before i start playing with it. Mainly because i don't want to start messing with it and 30 minutes into it the thing go dead.

6. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

It is not necessary to fully charge the battery before using the phone. As long as you are using the stock charger (or one that provides 1amp), feel free to boot it up and start using it. You have plenty of time to "condition" the battery, and you don't have to wait to start using your $800 phone.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews