1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Outgoing email doesn't work....

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Sicilian, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sicilian

Sicilian Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    Just got the Motorola XT910 and I can receive emails on all my 4 email accounts, but I can not send nor reply to any of them. When I verify server on the "Incoming" mail, it says, "Success", but when I try to configure the "outgoing", it says, "Failed, can not log in." I have called tech support and everything on their end says it's ok, I tried changing the port #...As soon as I send an email, it looks like it has been sent, but as soon as I click the "Sent" box ,it shows no message has been sent. All I receive are little red triangles that says, "Message has not been sent."

Any ideas? Got the phone 5 days ago and it's my lifeline for work and no one has been able to help me thus far. I like the phone, but I just need this fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    You probably need to muck around with the outgoing server security settings or username. Those and port numbers for mobile use, sometimes even server names, may differ from desktop settings. I can't say what they should be, I usually get it working by trial and error.