• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outgoing IMAP Mail not sending

GreatDana!

Lurker
Aug 23, 2011
I recently got a Motorola Atrix 4G, and it has a bit different of an email system than my HTC Aria. I can't get it to send emails from my work IMAP account. The setting on my HTC and Outlook are using port 587 a TSL connection and both work fine. I also have tried with or without secured connection and went through the various iterations that I usually try (e.g., 25, 465). Tried the certificate verification option on and off. Anyway, this phone doesn't seem to have a lot of "advanced settings" to play with when things aren't working. Has anyone else found a workaround (besides just replying with my gmail account?).

Thanks in advance,
Dana

I could never get the IMAP to work right going through Motorola's "MotoBlur" system that manages accounts either. Not only would it not send, it would not sync right.

It's something Motorola is doing in their settings.

I bought Enhanced Email and use it for my 2 work IMAP accounts. I've never used K9, but a lot of people recommend it as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones