• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outgoing/Incoming Calls Randomly Go Silent

elbeeuk

Aug 7, 2010
Hi all,
Having a random issue on the phone and didn't know if others have experienced the same thing.
I'm on Vodafone (UK),
white SGS3,
Android 4.0.4,
baseband I9300BULG2,
kernel 3.0.15-933142
build IMM76D.I9300BUBLG3

No 3rd party diallers.

Every so often, when I make a call, the call connects and I'll be speaking to the other person for a couple of minutes, then the call goes silent. It doesn't give me a 'beep beep' and end the call, it stays connected but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me.
Initially I thought I must have caught the 'mute' option with my cheek but this wasn't the case. Also thought it might have been a signal issue but each time it's happened I have been stationary with full bars on the phone.

Any ideas on things to try or what the problem may be?

Cheers all

Elbee

Thank God, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Blue SGS3
Android 4.0.4
baseband I9300XXLH1
kernel 3.0.15-928452
build IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8

Been having this exact problem for over a month; consistently losing sound in the call - not helpful when some are job interviews!

Elbee did you have any success with this in the last 2 months?

Doug

Upvote 0
I have the same problem but it is the caller cant here me but I can here them. If I walk about a bit it comes back sometimes. I have had this problem since day 1. Thought it was a glitch that would be sorted with updates but it is still happening.

Blue SGS3
Android 4.0.4
baseband I9300XXLH1
kernel 3.0.15-928452
build IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8

PS the answer is not to shut down the in call noise reduction because it still happens when that is off.

I would like to get this sorted out as well before my warranty runs out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones