1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Outlook 2013 Desktop Sync with Android S5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neil154, Nov 13, 2014.

1. neil154

neil154 Android Enthusiast

I know this has been asked before but since Google stopped supporting the calendar sync I thought I would start a new post on the subject.

I tried using CompanionLink but it gave me many errors and tech support could not resolve the issue so I would appreciate every ones suggestion on apps to use. I want to 2 way sync my Outlook contacts and calendar with my Android phone (Now S3 but soon S5).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

Neil - please email me (social@companionlink.com) your phone number and I'll have a senior tech call you. CompanionLink for Google syncs Google calendar, contacts, and tasks. If it's not working for you, there is something wrong in the configuration. We'll find it quickly and get it working.

3. sdtag

sdtag Well-Known Member

I will also be going to an S5 from an S3.
    I have used companionlink for years. I recently had to upgrade it, in the last few months.
    So will I be OK transferring companionlink from my S3 to my S5? I assume I will still need it. I plan on getting my new phone this Saturday and I'm trying to prepare myself.

4. companionlink

Yes, CompanionLink fully supports two-ways sync with Samsung GALAXY S5. We also support KitKat and the new Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop).

Your upgrade will work without further purchase.

sdtag likes this.
  5. neil154

I don't my issues with Companionlink not work have anything to do with the OS. I actually don't know what the problem is and even though companionlink said I should email them and they would have a senior tech person call, they have never bother contacting me so I am continuing my search for other apps that will work for me.

6. neil154

I believe the issue is that Companionlink does not work if you are syncing thru the Google Gamil account (that is what their senior tech told me). It also appears that Companionlink is not really interested in fixing ths issue. I sent them numerous email and log files and they never responded to any of the information which they requested.

7. companionlink

If that's what our senior tech told you, that's wrong. We sync with any Gmail, Google, or Google Apps account. Free or paid; makes not difference.

Please email me your phone number and I'll have the right person call you to resolve this. social@companionlink.com

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews