1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Outlook 2013 windows - read/write on Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by stonefox, Jan 17, 2016.

1. stonefox

stonefox Member

Are there Android applications I can use to sync with Outlook 2013 on my Win7 computer ?
    My wish is to get my Windows Outlook 2013 , all accounts the same folder structure sow I can use it on my Android Device Samsung Galaxy S6

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Is your email account set up as 'pop' or 'imap'? If it's imap then you have no problem, just point your favourite Android email app at the imap server and you're away. If you have a pop setup then best change to an imap server and then do as before .....

Dave

3. I'm not sure what you are wanting to sync.

I do not sync e-mail between my Windows 10 desktop and my Android phones. I use separate e-mail accounts.

I do sync calendar and contacts. I use the Go app on Windows 10 to sync calendar and contacts with Google and I then sync the calendar and contacts with all my Android devices using Google.

... Thom

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You can sync Outlook on PC to Google using programs like Companionlink, then that will sync to your phone from Google.

5. badcatz

badcatz Well-Known Member

6. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

It depends on what kind of email account(s) you have.

For IMAP email accounts (like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.) you can simply add that email account to the stock email app (or your favorite email app) on your Android devices, and it will sync mail (including folder hierarchy). But it will not sync your calendar, contacts, etc. For calendar & contacts, you'll need a 3rd party app. See Syncdroid.net for the options, but Gsyncit, CompanionLink, and MyPhoneExplorer are popular choices.

For (Microsoft-based) MAPI email accounts (like (Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, MSN, or Exchange), you can just add those accounts to your Android devices, and it will sync mail (including folder hierarchy), calendar & contacts.

I keep my contacts & calendar in a Hotmail account (which I've added to both Outlook & Android), but I mostly do email from a Gmail account (which I've added to both Outlook & Android). So all of my mail, contacts, & calendar are synced with no additional apps needed. One downside of this is that you can't use Google Now voice commands to, say, "Navigate to Joe Smith's house" because Joe Smith's address won't exist on the Gmail server's unless you also put your contacts on Gmail.

I set my parents up with the PC program, Gsyncit ($20), because it's easy IF you use a Gmail account for email. Gsyncit synchronizes Outlook (contacts & calendar) to Gmail. Then you just add your Gmail account to your Android device.