• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outlook CSV Contacts Get Imported Wrong (HTC Evo)

Jake743

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
I'm trying to help my Dad import contacts to his new Evo but I need some help.

I have exported the contacts in Outlook to a CSV file, then imported that into Gmail. The contacts do appear but the phone numbers show up in the "notes" field, not in the designated fields to the left like in this screenshot:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/untitled-1.jpg

When we sync Gmail to the Evo, again the contacts do get imported, but the numbers show up in "notes" on the Evo also, not in the correct field(s). Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for that, was thinking along those lines but had not been able to find a csv example online. In the meantime, my Dad went and did it manually by fixing the fields in Gmail himself. Still I wanted to know the right way to do it, plus I'm sure we'll need to do it again when others in my family switch to Android.

I have to say Android is really a dream compared to clunky Windows Mobile. I used to think the HTC Touch Pro2 would be the ultimate phone for me. Then I got it and while I like the hardware, WM just kills the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones