1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Outlook email pushed to Charge?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsalisbury616, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jsalisbury616

jsalisbury616 Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    I currently have an ATT Blackberry as my work phone and use it strictly for receiving my business email. I have continued to use my personal phone as my primary means of making calls (personal and business) because I get too fed up with ATT reception to count on it. I just recently upgraded to a Samsung Charge and would REALLY like to consolidate down to one phone. SOOO, how do I go about having my outlook 2007 emails pushed to my Charge? My VZW rep seemed to think there was an app available, but couldn't recall what it was and I haven't had any luck finding it.

Anyone else already figured this out and able to share? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to AF.com! I'm moving this to the Samsung Charge sub-forum to see if others can help.

3. W_A_Watson_II

W_A_Watson_II Well-Known Member
    None

It all depends on your mail server, not desktop app (outlook). What mail server handles the mail delivered to outlook?

4. NTexican

NTexican Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Touchdown seems to be the app of choice for synching Outlook into android but I haven't had any issues with the native android mail server synching my work email/calander.

5. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
    jsalisbury616, Welcome to the family, need a little more info to help you out. What is your Exchange Provider? The Droid Charge has a feature that allows Corporate E-mail (Exchange Server pushed e-mail) to come thru...
    Menu->Settings->Accounts & Sync->Add Account->Corporate. If you are just using Outlook at home, I need to know is it corporate? is it an account through your local ISP? Either way you should be able to make this work for you.

Another way to skin this cat is create a Gmail Account (Of course I am assuming you do not have one, please forgive me if I am incorrect) forward all of your e-mail to this new or existing Gmail Account and use the reply-to function if you want people to still use your old account address. The phone is quite capable to do a whole lot of scenarios, we as a forum need a little more data to help you out.
    Need to know->
    Corporate Account- Yes or No
    Your Outlook 2007 ISP or Email service you currently have.