1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Outlook Exchange for Droid 3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bowtech, Aug 7, 2011.

1. bowtech

bowtech Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hello everybody! can someone tell me if there an app that allows emails to go into your inbox on your Droid 3 when you have rules setup on your outlook exchange 2010? here's the problem I see emails go into all the folders put not into the inbox on the droid 3. Is there an app out there that allows you to get email into the inbox on the droid and still go into the folders without have to search though each folder to see if you have an email on the droid 3??? The way it's setup now if I have a rule setup in exchange emails donnot go into inbox on the droid.

Advertisement

2. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Virginia, United States Of America
    That would be better answered in the droid 3 forums man

3. AntieMoe

AntieMoe Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    I thought this WAS the Droid 3 forum?

4. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Virginia, United States Of America
    It is now lol ... Went when it was first posted

5. SecretAgentMan

None

Aug 24, 2011
    I had been struggling with this for years. Here is what I've wound up doing.

The problem is that server-side rules run as the message is delivered. As you've figured out, if the message gets moved on arrival to a user defined folder, you won't see it in the inbox.

I have a ton of rules that move messages into folders based on the sender. I went into Rules and unchecked everything that I need to initially see in the inbox to keep those rules from running. For those messages, they'll now remain in your inbox where you can see them on the phone.

Once a day, I run the rules which will move all of the "ruled" messages out of the inbox and put them where they belong. In Outllook, go to Rules, Manage, Run Rules Now. Select All (this just checks them temporarily for this session) and then Run Now (making sure your running it on the Inbox.

To make this quicker, I put the Run Rules Now applet on the Quick Launch toolbar at the top of Outlook. That will take you directly to the Run Rules Now dialog. You just select all and run now.

It's not perfect, but its about the best I've figured out.

You need Outlook 2010 to do this, as 2007 and prior doesn't allow you to quickly temporarily check rules just the run them manually.