1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Outlook for Android archive folder

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JLeslie, Dec 30, 2021.

1. JLeslie

JLeslie Member

In Outlook for Android there is an Archive folder. The folder is specific to the phone app as it doesn't exist in Outlook online or Outlook on a PC desktop.

I don't use this Archive folder and so I was surprised when I looked in it and found a lot of emails in it. I recognized them as being emails that I have deleted from one of the email accounts I have on the phone.

The thing is I like to keep things cleaned up to a certain point so I will delete certain emails without opening them and then go to the Deleted folder, select those emails I just deleted from the Inbox and delete them again which permanently deletes them.

So some or all of these emails that I've done this 2 step permanent deletion have wound up in this Archive folder, but they are only from one of the email accounts. The permanently deleted emails from the other accounts are not there.

I want to empty this folder but due to the very large number of emails in the folder it will take a lot of effort and time to do so. I would prefer to empty the folder like you can empty the Junk folder in Outlook for Android in just one step.

Has anyone run into this and found a solution?

Jonathan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

Outlook Archive (and AutoArchive) will move older email, task and calendar items to an archive folder.

You probably have different AutoArchive settings for each of your email accounts.

Depending on how you configure it, Outlook Archive can perform one of the following tasks:
    1. Move emails and other items from their current folders to an archive folder.
    2. Permanently delete old emails and other items as soon as they have passed the specified aging period.

Please double check your Outlook settings for every email accounts.

3. JLeslie

JLeslie Member

That's not the problem. There is no auto archive function in Android Outlook like there is in Outlook on a PC and on my PC I don't have auto archive enabled at all.
    This is happening for just a gmail account and the emails appearing in the archive folder are all ones that I had previously deleted. So Google as usual is doing something stupid. I tried to find this archive folder online in my gmail account but the search was negative. And there is no archive folder in Outlook in my gmail account on my PC since the auto archive function in Outlook on a PC doesn't use an archive folder but archives email to a PST file.

James_Watson likes this.

Mobile Access for Outlook Free

Mobile Access for Outlook Free Forum

com.dotcreation.outlookmobileaccesslitefree

*** The app has been tested on Outlook Exchange 2007 and 2010. *** *** Office 365 is now supported except some ADFS *** Mobile Access for Outlook OWA provides a streamlined, user friendly interface to access your Microsoft Outlook Web Access email via OWA. Your emails and images are displayed conveniently on your mobile device, and the application has a simple and easy to use interface, much like that of the mail application. Automatically log in to your account and notifications appear to keep you informed as to when new emails arrive. Simple and clear icons make it easy to carry out functions like: Read, reply, reply to all and mail forwarding etc. Quickly share your photos and media on your device just as you would using social media tools like facebook and twitter, as a link to Mobile Access for Outlook OWA appears in your share list. Actions are not carried out until your next synchronization or by hitting ‘refresh’, giving you the chance to undo your last actions if you happen to change your mind. This app provides Web and EWS methods to connect to exchange with using PULL client instead of PUSH client. It can work with a number of different types of exchanges and allow users to access email without further permission if users are able to access email via web browser. Some of the features Mobile Access for Outlook OWA lets you do include: - read and reply to emails - check emails on different folders - download and upload attachments - move email items between mail folders - select multiple email items to delete or move to your other folders - respond to invitations and meeting requests - view calendar appointment or meeting schedule - create / edit / delete appointment or meeting - appointment / meeting notifications - email notifications (support multiple labels) - create, delete and rename label - customize settings - multiple accounts supported - mail or calendar widgets Unlike many other email applications, Mobile Access for Outlook OWA enables you to do all these things in an uncluttered way. Any questions? Please contact kmcchu@gmail.com

READ MORE
October 21, 2019
Last Updated
Rating
Installs