1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Outlook Help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mbdroid, Aug 19, 2010.

1. mbdroid

mbdroid New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Here's my issue. Our company uses a blackberry enterprise server, and they refuse to give me our mail server addresses because they don't want to have to deal with starting a pandemic of people getting away from blackberry

one IT guy told me that if I could figure out how to get it to just sync with outlook, I'd be able to use it.

any ideas? I've messed around a lot in outlook and can't find our BBES information anywhere.

EDIT: Sorry I have a Droid X

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Can it be set up as an exchange server?

3. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    do you know if your company uses webmail? if so you could use that address, for example if your webmail address was https://mail.company.com you could put mail.company.com in the server address when setting up your phone (domain should be easy enough for you to find and your username / password / email address will be the same onesas you use on the network.

BE WARNED THOUGH: I have never used Blackberry enterprise server so not sure what effect this will have, also you may be missing some features that you would have on the blackberry (just a guess)

4. mbdroid

mbdroid New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I'm not sure about being able to convert it. I'm just a weekend warrior.

I dont think they use webmail. Plus I'm work for a company whose IT is handled by the umbrella corporation so I'm not sure what abbreviation they'd use. I've tried a few things, but nothing is working on that end.

5. mbdroid

mbdroid New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    OK Sorry to be posting so frequently, but I'm just excited about this maybe actually working. I just entered the exchange server domain listed in outlook and it says "The server address should be correctly formatted" What does this mean?