• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo...kill me please

saabstory

Lurker
Apr 5, 2010
I know different versions of this question have been asked (and answered) several times in this forum. Unfortunately, that has just made me more confused. I'll try to be brief.

I have a Moment with Sprint service. I have a desktop and a laptop, the laptop utilizes Outlook (for my job - exchange server). For personal email I use Hotmail but have an old Yahoo account still active as well. Until recently, I was able to pull Hotmail and Yahoo into Outlook and keep those messages separate from work content. I didn't bother trying to use Outlook on my desktop since contacts, etc. were all on the laptop.

I of course had to add another email account when I bought the phone- Gmail. And I realize that I can push or pull Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. into Gmail. I also realize I can sync my Samsung Moment with Outlook and by doing so, could sync Outlook on both my desktop and the laptop. I celebrated the news for about 45 seconds until I realized I was in completely over my head.

My goal is to have every single email from every single account show up in Outlook on both my laptop and my desktop.

My question is, how on earth do I manage all of this? Do I pull all the accounts into Outlook separately? Or do I instead forward all the accounts to Gmail and just concentrate on syncing that account? (but then how do I manage directing email messages to appropriate folders once they appear in Outlook?). If I pull every account into Outlook, do I tell Outlook to grab the Gmail account too? If I pull the Gmail account into Outlook and then try to sync the phone to Outlook won't the the universe implode on itself?

I just want everything to be in one place, and the same on both of my computers. A dream, to be sure.

Any advice is very welcome and most appreciated. And please don't be shy about saying "You are dummy and you should give up on this idea immediately."

Thanks folks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones