• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help outlook mobile cannot receive emails but can send.

A

Android Question

Hi,

I got this issue with my LG K10 LTE. i downloaded outlook mobile, installed and add my outlook email.

However, whenever i compose new message to anyone they can receive in on their devices(phones, laptop) but when they reply i can only receive it on my laptop but not on my phone.

Then when i open my outlook mobile sometimes it shows" cannot connect to server"

I don't know much about this thing.

Please help. how do i troubleshoot?

It sounds like a configuration problem (i.e. there's something wrong in the account settings), but it seems incredibly poor if MS's own app can't set these up correctly.

Do you use other features of the app, or just the email? If it's just email I would actually suggest installing a decent email client (Aquamail, Maildroid, K9) and just using that. Might be worth trying anyway: if a different app can read the mail then it will confirm that the problem is with the app rather than the account. Then if Outlook will show you the account settings you may be able to compare and spot what's different.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I use Outlook and I while occasionally see that error message it always clears after a minute or two. I would suggest that you uninstall the Outlook app and then reinstall it and see if that helps. Sometimes Outlook's servers are the problem. I've had days where I couldn't connect for hours and they fix the issue and everything starts working again. I'm not completely sold on the Outlook app but have tried some of the others and for one reason or another don't care for them.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I got this issue with my LG K10 LTE. i downloaded outlook mobile, installed and add my outlook email.

However, whenever i compose new message to anyone they can receive in on their devices(phones, laptop) but when they reply i can only receive it on my laptop but not on my phone.

Then when i open my outlook mobile sometimes it shows" cannot connect to server"

I don't know much about this thing.

Please help. how do i troubleshoot?

For some reason Outlook Mobile for Android automatic configuration of IMAP just stopped working. Your email IMAP settings probably changed therefore you now must delete your email account and re-set it up manually with the correct IMAP settings. You need to search the internet for the correct IMAP settings for major email like Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail or contact your company email tech for the correct settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones