1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

outlook sync problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gebrown, Apr 15, 2018.

1. gebrown

gebrown Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2018
    i recently updated my galaxy s7 to an s9.

i use outlook for e.mails, calendars etc.

i have an issue with syncing my s9 with my laptop.

on the sync account page on the s9, under account "microsoft exchange sync", there are two error messages for "sync contacts" and "sync calendar" .... message is "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" and the message has been there from phone purchase date. anyone else having the same problem?

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Sounds like there's a problem with your online account not being authenticated correctly. Try going into Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the 'Outlook' app, tap on 'Force stop, then tap on 'Storage' and 'Clear data'. By using 'Clear data' that deletes any settings and configurations made to the app, along with the app's cache. Now start up the Outlook app and it should start up like the first time you used it. You'll need to re-enter your email address and password and let the app go through the proper authentication process again.
    (you're phone isn't syncing with your laptop, it's a matter where both your phone and your laptop are syncing with your online Outlook account, or a MS Exchange Server if that's where your account resides)

3. gebrown

gebrown Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2018
    thanks .... all sortted

svim likes this.