1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Outlook sync to Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hupe, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Hupe

Hupe New Member

Jan 28, 2010
    I am thinking about buying a Droid but I need to sync Outlook contacts and calender easily. I mean easily as I do now with my blackberry curve. Does anyone know the answer?

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

You might want to place your question in the apps section ... also check the Gmail Web & (MAIL) (Calendar) site for info on sync and such

3. TXLady

TXLady Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    The answer I found is CompanionLink for Google. Syncs your contacts and calendar with gmail and thereby with the Droid. I tried something else that didn't work (can't even remember the name of it now) but this works really nicely and is worth the price.

4. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Software Developer
    Florence, SC
    When you say "Outlook", do you mean Exchange? or are you using Outlook for other types of email?(yahoo, gmail, hotmail).

5. 747tech

747tech Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I came from being a dedicated BB user and was told by Verizon it would sync with Outlook (not exchange) and returned it when I found out it didn't.
    I gave it another chance and use google for my contacts (exported into google) and calendar function.
    It takes some getting used to but not bad.
    Still glad I made the switch even though there was an adjustment from BB.

6. gkny172

gkny172 Member

Dec 21, 2009
    That costs 39.99, you have to be kidding me, I use Go sync but find that it doesnt do a good job of syncing my contacts from gmail to outlook.