1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Outlook sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by floppy, Jul 9, 2010.

1. floppy

floppy Member

Jul 9, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    Hello,

anyone aware if there will be a samsung software to sync outlook (calendar, contacts and tasks) to the Captivate?

I actually own an Iphone 3G and the sync is verry smooth. I want to to leave apple but I'm reallyt concern about being able to sync my outlook (without exchange).

Thanks for your help

Advertisement

2. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    From the galaxy S forums it seems it will sync just fine with outlook.

floppy likes this.
  3. floppy

floppy Member

Jul 9, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks, what a relief for me.

Could you give me the link to the forum you are talking about?

Thanks

4. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

I'm seeing Samsung Kies as the desktop sync software, but don't seem to be able to see anything at the link.

5. lordmaxx

Dec 28, 2009
  6. floppy

floppy Member

Jul 9, 2010
    DFW, Texas
  7. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

8. lordmaxx

Dec 28, 2009
    well, there ya go :) If we keep linking handy threads from xda people might start staying there be careful! :)

9. hgrail

hgrail Member

Jul 30, 2010
  10. mrmeany

mrmeany Member

Jul 27, 2010
    The Kies programs does a straight forward job of syncing the contacts from outlook which is how I transferred from my Samsung Eternity as I wanted all the extra info the sim card wouldn't carry over.

11. phillyfan

phillyfan New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Are you guys running the latest Kies?
    http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/samsungkies.htm
    Might be an idea to check.
    It's the last one listed.
    The previous Kies had an issue with the USB drivers.
    After installing Kies I ran the Driver Recovery underneath the Kies tab on teh upper left it reinstalled the driver and OMG I am in heaven I don't have to pay for another program if I do not want to.

Attached Files:

12. ilusv

ilusv Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Kies_1.5.1.10071_32.exe is the one that I couldn't get to work last and it seems like it's the latest one.

13. Texasgirl

Texasgirl New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I have spent quite a while on the phone with Samsung. They will be coming out with a downloadable USB sync software for Outlook in September. I downloaded the one on their website but found out it was for Europe. I have read their 194 page manual and couldn't find the answer.

14. TrAiChEic

TrAiChEic Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Don't sweat it, if you have an exchange account it's really smooth to sync with outlook.

Before I hooked mine up, I used google calendar sync and created a gmail account to synchronize my outlook and gmail calendars.

15. iploya

iploya Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    YES. I use Kies to sync with Outlook, for my contacts and calendar. No special tricks or mods are required - Kies has the Outlook sync functionality built-in. I just haven't found a way to sync it using Bluetooth yet, like I could with my old BlackBerry, and I have to plug in with USB.

I am one who does NOT want to use Google's sync because I don't like managing my contacts with Google (partly because anyone you e-mail becomes a contact and you end up with a huge list of junk contacts to sift thru). I prefer to keep using Outlook.

Incidentally, there are a few apps in the Market for Outlook sync, but based on the reviews these appear to be problematic. I'm sure someone is working on a better sync/bluetooth solution, either an aftermarket developer or Samsung.

16. Reggie3

Reggie3 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Retired Project Manger -HP/Agilent
    Fort Collins CO
    Outlook 2010 would not sync with Captivate when I got my phone so I went with gSyncit - a add on to Outlook and it has been working great to sync with Gmail - so I never have to connect my phone to have my contacts and calendar updated

17. IlliniRam

IlliniRam New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    What if you put a new contact into your Captivate phone. Does it update your Outlook on your PC?