1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Outlook voicemails

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 67birdfan, Aug 26, 2011.

1. 67birdfan

67birdfan Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    I have my work emails forwarded to my Droid X2. Our work phone system is tied into our network and voicemails come thru our email. My phone will download the voicemail but says the format is not supported for playback. What can I do to be able to listen to my voicemails on my mobile phone? Is there an app?

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    What format and codec are used for the voicemail messages? We can't suggest a solution without that info. Outlook isn't relevant either as Outlook doesn't generate the messages and you won't connect to Outlook (your email app connects to the mail server, not the mail client on your PC) for the messages.

3. bthomforde

bthomforde Lurker
    None

I just bought ($.99) and installed WavPlayer just for listening to my voice messages, mine are wav.

Martimus likes this.
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Check with your companies I.T. department. Depending on the email system used at your company, this is something that can sometimes be modified by the person(s) who configured the system.

If I recall correctly, and it's been a while since I worked on a Unity Server, Cisco Unity uses G.711 PCM by default. I.T. has the option to change the global configuration to GSM 6.10 which would resolve this problem. That said the change would impact all voicemail users on that system and not just you. Another option would be to definitely consider wavplayer as suggested above

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dkro.wavplayer

which has support for listening to voicemail and for many of the variations of G.711 audio files.