• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outputting display to ps3?

DLNA links the phone to a TV, not a PS3

As far as um aware there's no way to link the phone to your playstation, just a television, afterall, why have it running through playstation when you can cut out the middle man so to speak and have it through TV

For exactly that reason. Why should anyone have to buy more equipment (DLNA adapter) or upgrade their existing TV by buying a new one, when they've already got a device that'll do the job?

Have a look on dlna.org, the list is pretty extensive... & growing. (& it's not just TVs)

Do you work for Apple by any chance?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just received my desire hd yesterday - i think it is absolutely superb.

However, one of the things i wanted it for was the dlna connectivity.
I have a PS3 and therefore thought it would just work, how wrong i am!!

I have since tried about 5 different media servers (twonky, imediashare etc..)
It connects to the PC and PS3 also connects to the PC, but the DHD and PS3 absolutely do not find each other.

If anyone manages to connect the DHD to the PS3 and successfully streams a video then the information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW..hi to forum

Dave

Upvote 0
To the OP, Download Twonky Mobile by PacketVideo Corp from the market. Twonky could not see the PS3 when it searched for players, however, the PS3 could see Twonky. I managed to stream mp3's and photos no problem.
Video on the other hand didnt work so well. Regular stuttering made it pretty unwatchable. I have a DLNA capable TV so i can just stream video directly to that, so im not too fussed about that. But this may be a deal breaker for you. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I had the same problems, my laptop could see my desire HD, my PS3 could see my laptop but my Desire and PS3 could not see each other.

I'm using imedia share free with ads or can pay for ad free version.
works flawlessly. imediashare also includes channels such as you tube tv, nasa tv, white house tv and they work great too.

It does recommend that you are on a wired connection istead of wireless for network, i am using wireless and it still worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones