1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root OV Lags and Hangs (again)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pondering, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Pondering

Pondering Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    O.K., this is driving me nuts. I am rooted and running Mirage 07132013 build and ZenGarden 2.0.3.3-T recovery on my OV. My OV has developed a consistent horrible lag. I often try to open apps the OV hangs and I have to do a battery pull. I have re-downloaded and re-flashed mirage multiple times.

I have tried routinely fixing permissions via terminal emulator as well as clearing out all of the caches. I've yet to find any tombstones using ES file explorer.

I keep Fast Reboot, SD Maid, AppCache Cleaner and others ready at hand to clear out RAM, but I should have plenty of ram available, keeping it about 50% free +/-.

I've tried cleaning things up by following tli's advice (which has worked in the past) to me at http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/778987-bad-uninstall.html#post6186387 as well as other cleaning routines recommended in the forum.

Regardless of how I try to keep things cleaned up, within hours my OV bogs down it takes several minutes just to get the phone directory to come up.

Or I go to switch to a different app and the thing just sits there and churns.

Just played the same game with a Handcent text that came in...took me forever to get the app up and running so I could read the txt. The problem does not appear to be limited to just one or two apps...something happens that bogs down the entire phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    I suspect you have installed a bad/incompatiple app or moved/linked an app that should be on the internal storage. That is usually the case in this matter.
    Just to be sure though, post eveything you wiped and formatted in the recovery prior to installing the ROM and Gapps (With Zengarden, I usually select all of the wipe options before installing the ROM and Gapps).
    Another thing that can cause lag is the CPU min and max speed, so post that as well.
    Last, but not least, did you check the md5 sum of the downloded ROM and Gapps before installing.
    I know the problem is not with the ROM or the 20110828 Gapps, but they could have become slightly corrupt during the download.

Pondering likes this.
  3. Pondering

Pondering Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Yup. Two widgets were linked to SD. So far back to normal. Thanks!

AndyOpie150 likes this.
Tags: