1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

over 10" tablets?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mrqs, Nov 23, 2011.

1. mrqs

mrqs Android Expert
    None

there's like a million android tablets coming out every other day, but something i've noticed is that they're all pretty much the same sizes, 7-10"

doesn't any company make bigger ones?

i don't really have use for the kind of tablet that the market is saturated with atm, but i've been toying with the idea of having an android on my kitchen wall with speakers attached and media accessible from my home wifi and for this purpose, bigger would be better

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well, tablets were built with the idea of portability in mind, and not attaching to a Kitchen wall for home use. However AFAIK they do that with Windows already. I went to an Intel showcase once where they showed touchscreen computers running Windows Media Center intended for the kitchen...

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Here's a comprehensive list of tablet data/sizes and even pricing, mrqs:

Tablet comparison | Tablet pc comparison 2011

mrqs likes this.
  4. mrqs

mrqs Android Expert
    None

only 1 above 10" tablet listed over there and that's a full on pc with w7, i5 and a price to match :(

is it really a totally overlooked market?

well, i wasn't seriously thinking of buying one for now anyway, since most cheaper tablets still come with 2.3 or even 2.2 and i just don't see the sense in going with anything less than honeycomb... plus i'd also need to buy some speakers and maybe a nas so it'd be expensive regardless and tbh i don't really need any of that anyway; i just want it - hopefully next year some manufacturer will see the potential in that untapped sector and release something :)

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Tablets are a strange, relatively new market. I'm fascinated by what I'm seeing out there..

I do like onscreen keyboards. Right now the only tab I have is my 7" Galaxy Tab, and it's perfect for my uses. But I have had my hands on larger ones and am thinking about going ahead and getting the Galaxy 10.1 version.

iPad 2 looks great, too. .. nah. :D

6. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    There's loads of tablets bigger than 10".
    As long as you only want it to be 0.1" bigger.

:D