• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

over 10" tablets?

there's like a million android tablets coming out every other day, but something i've noticed is that they're all pretty much the same sizes, 7-10"

doesn't any company make bigger ones?

i don't really have use for the kind of tablet that the market is saturated with atm, but i've been toying with the idea of having an android on my kitchen wall with speakers attached and media accessible from my home wifi and for this purpose, bigger would be better

there's like a million android tablets coming out every other day, but something i've noticed is that they're all pretty much the same sizes, 7-10"

doesn't any company make bigger ones?

i don't really have use for the kind of tablet that the market is saturated with atm, but i've been toying with the idea of having an android on my kitchen wall with speakers attached and media accessible from my home wifi and for this purpose, bigger would be better

Here's a comprehensive list of tablet data/sizes and even pricing, mrqs:

Tablet comparison | Tablet pc comparison 2011

Reactions: mrqs
Upvote 0
only 1 above 10" tablet listed over there and that's a full on pc with w7, i5 and a price to match :(

is it really a totally overlooked market?

well, i wasn't seriously thinking of buying one for now anyway, since most cheaper tablets still come with 2.3 or even 2.2 and i just don't see the sense in going with anything less than honeycomb... plus i'd also need to buy some speakers and maybe a nas so it'd be expensive regardless and tbh i don't really need any of that anyway; i just want it - hopefully next year some manufacturer will see the potential in that untapped sector and release something :)

Upvote 0
Tablets are a strange, relatively new market. I'm fascinated by what I'm seeing out there..

I do like onscreen keyboards. Right now the only tab I have is my 7" Galaxy Tab, and it's perfect for my uses. But I have had my hands on larger ones and am thinking about going ahead and getting the Galaxy 10.1 version.

iPad 2 looks great, too. .. nah. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones