• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Over-clocking that recently rooted Rogers Magic/Magic+

I was using alan's kernels but with cyan at stable release I'm back to 576MHz. I was able to be stable at 690MHz with only a rare issue. The latest 576MHz kernels are almost as fast and so far very stable. I was hitting 2.9-3.0 on linpack but now back to ~2.5 but it feels very smooth and a good balance with battery life. I can never go back to a rogers rom, this one is so much better in too many ways. :)

Upvote 0
It seems that cm 5.0.7 stable has the overclock kernel built in. It is just set to 528mhz by default. You can get the 576mhz by installing setCPU or overclock widget from the market. Overclock Widget is free but you'll have to pay for SetCPU. If you cheek around on xda-developers forum you should be able to find a donate version of setcpu.

My Dream is running at 576mhz with no problems, and my Magic is running a different kernel that allows overclocking up to 710mhz. I usually only keep it at 633mhz though.

Upvote 0
It seems that cm 5.0.7 stable has the overclock kernel built in. It is just set to 528mhz by default. You can get the 576mhz by installing setCPU or overclock widget from the market. Overclock Widget is free but you'll have to pay for SetCPU. If you cheek around on xda-developers forum you should be able to find a donate version of setcpu.

My Dream is running at 576mhz with no problems, and my Magic is running a different kernel that allows overclocking up to 710mhz. I usually only keep it at 633mhz though.

Whoa. Got a guide for the Magic one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones