• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Over] Droid Bionic Lapdock still available for $89.99

You were right. I figured out the problem that I was having. Before you go FULL screen on apps, hit the arrows on the toolbar to go LANDSCAPE...then it opens all the way. We will learn all this stuff together.

The next webtop seems a little more familiar since out looks like the tablet version of ICS. But I'm sure they'll be more new things to learn. I'm excited! :)

Upvote 0
My lapdock came today, and so far I'm impressed. One of the things I was planning on using it for is for accessing my Remote Desktop when traveling. The RDC works fine, but the image is quite small. Is there any way to zoom when using the lapdock? I have tried maximizing the window (full screen), but that's still a bit on the small side.

Upvote 0
My lapdock came today, and so far I'm impressed. One of the things I was planning on using it for is for accessing my Remote Desktop when traveling. The RDC works fine, but the image is quite small. Is there any way to zoom when using the lapdock? I have tried maximizing the window (full screen), but that's still a bit on the small side.

Nice... you got it!

I noticed that you should tell the screen to go to LANDSCAPE and then go full screen.

And another thing I experienced and read about is, try and hit the Space Bar in the Middle or it sometimes misses a space.

Hopefully we will continue to share tips and tricks for these LapDocks we bought together. :)

Upvote 0
Nice... you got it!

I noticed that you should tell the screen to go to LANDSCAPE and then go full screen.

And another thing I experienced and read about is, try and hit the Space Bar in the Middle or it sometimes misses a space.

Hopefully we will continue to share tips and tricks for these LapDocks we bought together. :)

This works much better, thanks!

And I got my bluetooth mouse working with the lapdock, cool!

Upvote 0
Just my luck, pretty sure mine is defective.

Edit: With some brain storming at another forum we figured out the issue a handful of us were having was with the connectors back at the dock portion of the device. The USB connector wasn't sticking out far enough and wasn't making a good connection with the phone. Had to disassemble this part of the lapdock and make some adjustments. Finally got it working.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to get the fn keys working on the lapdock. I press the fn key then the corresponding keys but don't seem to be getting any response.

Thanks.

Just "HOLD DOWN" the "fn" key, then press F5 (for example), then release both keys. Mine reloads the webpage. This is while I'm using the Firefox browser.

Upvote 0
Just my luck, pretty sure mine is defective.

Edit: With some brain storming at another forum we figured out the issue a handful of us were having was with the connectors back at the dock portion of the device. The USB connector wasn't sticking out far enough and wasn't making a good connection with the phone. Had to disassemble this part of the lapdock and make some adjustments. Finally got it working.

I have this problem only when the case is on the phone.

Do you know if the adjustments made allow the phone to make connection with the case on??

The case I'm using is the Diztronic flexible with extended battery.

Upvote 0
I have this problem only when the case is on the phone.

Do you know if the adjustments made allow the phone to make connection with the case on??

The case I'm using is the Diztronic flexible with extended battery.

I know that I must take off the plastic Holster/Shell and put my Bionic (which has the extended battery) directly on the back of the Lapdock that way.

Upvote 0
Nah even with the adjustment I made to the connectors I still can't get a solid connection if I leave my thin TPU case on the phone. Although after having it taken apart last night I can say it wouldn't really be that hard to make a few modifications to the plastic and make the connectors stick out even further, if anyone was really hellbent on wanting it to work with a case still on the phone.

Anyways day 2 with the lapdock im a little disappointed with how slow it is I thought it would be as quick as the bionic just on a bigger screen but it is pretty laggy. Oh well it does the job for now.

Upvote 0
I finally found how to select the next window in the home screen (hold down left button and mouse pointer and move the mouse pointer). It operates much nicer with my USB mouse.

There is a button on the front that is supposed to tell me something. Does it work for you and not for me? What is the button supposed to do?

The Droid X fits the plug but there is no HDMI connection.

The charger also charges the Bionic when it is plugged in.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Thom Little;[URL="tel:4191814" said:
4191814[/URL]]

There is a button on the front that is supposed to tell me something. Does it work for you and not for me? What is the button supposed to do?

... Thom

You mean on the front of the lapdock? Pressing it will tell you the current battery level of the lapdock (not the phone). There are 5 little lights next to the button that should light up after you press it. They will light up one through five to let you know the battery level.

Reactions: Thom and DanDroide
Upvote 0
... Thom

If you are talking about a little button that faces you, it's a battery charge indicator. When you press the button full charge is 5 lights lit up at once to the left of that button and 1 is the lowest.

Dan

EDIT: Nevermind, PowerBomb aka Atomicd10 beat me to it! LOL

Upvote 0
You mean on the front of the lapdock? Pressing it will tell you the current battery level of the lapdock (not the phone). There are 5 little lights next to the button that should light up after you press it. They will light up one through five to let you know the battery level.

Thanks. The ambient light has to be down in order to see them. After you know what to look for it is obvious.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones