• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overcharged battery??

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Hello and welcome to the Android Forums! :D. It would be possible, although highly unlikely to overcharge a battery if charging through the device. Most devices have preventative measures so that there is no way to overcharge a battery. Now if for some reason that failed and the battery did overcharge then it could cause damage with the battery, such as it not being able to hold a charge or leakage, or even an explosion! But more than likely your battery didn't get overcharged, it could just be that your battery is defective.

If you need any more help feel free to post a new question with more specifics or register for a free account and ask about it in your specific devices forum :). You can find a list of all phones here: Android Phones - Android Forums, and a list of all tablets here: Android Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums. I hope you can get all the information you need while you are here :D.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums. It is very important to follow manufacturers recommendations when it comes to the battery. Some have built in protection against overheating and some rely on human interaction. (unplugging) Personally I prefer not to charge my device if it has sufficiant power for what I need. I don't know if this answers your ? but I want to welcome you to the forums again and invite you to join so you can easily keep up to date on your particular device.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones