1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overclock for those of us stuck at 1GHZ is HERE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PowerBomb, Aug 13, 2012.

1. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Android Enthusiast

Finally there is a solution for us and it appears to be working as Quadrant Standard confirms my max speed is 1200mhz.

Thread is here. Credit to everyone who created these things:
    [KERNEL][GSM/CDMA][ICS] Extra modules pack v0.1.3 (feat. overclock module) | Tweakerz - xda-developers

Basically download these two zips and flash them in recovery:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1224521&d=1343366928
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1224538&d=1343368019

Then install this APK which lets you set your speeds.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1253641&d=1344627286

Attached Files:

johnlgalt and Jeffery like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

I'm gonna give this a try out on my BIONIC running ICS 6.7.238 and see if it works or not....

3. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

If it works, let me know if the speed difference seems noticeable and/or if there's any change in battery life.

4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Android Enthusiast

Wow I thought this would be a popular thread seeing as how many people were upset to be stuck at 1.0ghz lol. Been stable for me the past few days although of course it does seem like the battery can drain a little quicker when OCd.

5. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

Any luck? I'm on 6.7.232 and stuck at 1.0 ghz

6. Jeffery

Anyone else try this? Is it worth it?

7. Satires

Satires Android Expert

I tried this and it didn't work. I'm gingerbread. .905 rooted.

I did flash the files and tried to intall the tweakerz "apk" but I kept getting an error message about not being able to parse the file.

I'm no techy in this area, it may work for others, I just couldn't get it to work (Shruggs).

8. Jeffery

thanx

9. dirtdawg57

dirtdawg57 Lurker

Hello,
    I have a droid bionic with the ota ics. Rooting is the only thing I have done to it.
    Would someone be able to give me step by step instructions on how to do this or give a link that would? Sorry, I don't want to be a pain. I keep doing searches but just keep finding pieces and am not sure if those methods work with ics and the bionic.
    Also if I need to get back to the stock kernel would there be a way to do it? Any help would be wonderful! Thanks!

10. dirtdawg57

dirtdawg57 Lurker

I think I figured out how to flash the kernel modules but I have a question. There are a lot of kernels on the list, how do I know which one to use for overclocking? Will any of the kernels on the tweakerz list brick my phone? If they bring the JB out will I have to revert back to the stock kernel and how would I go about doing that? Thanks!

11. Satires

Satires Android Expert

I wouldn't do anything till someone whom knows more replies to this. I don't think you can flash kernels on the bionic with a locked boot loader.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews