• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

overclock question...

talonpunk831

Jul 3, 2010
Hey guys, i just rooted my hero last night and threw on CM6, let me say, much better than 2.1 :) I have a quick question though, i downloaded "setcpu" last night, and it will only let me go to 691mhz overclock, and as of right now my phone can ALMOST play psx4 droid, im running around 10 fps, and i need help figure out how to reach a Higher overclock to help out my fps....even if im wrong, can u still let me know how?

Upvote 0
Hey guys, i just rooted my hero last night and threw on CM6, let me say, much better than 2.1 :) I have a quick question though, i downloaded "setcpu" last night, and it will only let me go to 691mhz overclock, and as of right now my phone can ALMOST play psx4 droid, im running around 10 fps, and i need help figure out how to reach a Higher overclock to help out my fps....even if im wrong, can u still let me know how?

Have to flash an uncapped kernel [Kernel] BrainFuct Kernel - UncappedKernel - xda-developers

Also, you can overclock the newest nightly to 768 without flashing an uncapped kernel http://mirror.kanged.net/cm/nightly/heroc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones