1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overclock SGAII?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pedroc1999, Jun 24, 2013.

1. pedroc1999

pedroc1999 Member

I have updated to JB, rooted and installed CWM, how would I overclock the phone, I have down;loaded SetCPU but it doesnt let me select higher speeds. I know I need a new kernal, but are there any around?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

Stop right there.

Do NOT overclock this phone!

You will not get any performance increase on Jelly Bean and doing so is more likely to screw your phone up and make it perform even worse. This is a mid-range to low device so you're not gonna get lightspeed performance or be able to run top-end games no matter what you do.

The Jelly Bean firmware for this device has been very poorly optimised so there are initial performance issues but adding a custom launcher (preferably Nova) and some tweaks from Andromizer clears the issue right up more-or-less.

I know that's not really the answer you wanted but overclocking rarely improves performance at the best of times. On firmware this poor is smartphone suicide.

pedroc1999 likes this.
  3. pedroc1999

pedroc1999 Member

OK thanks, I only asked as I extremely overclock computers (5.3Ghz+)

My JB installation is pretty good and smooth since Iv unlocked more RAM, any good ROMS for this phone??

4. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

No. There are a couple of unofficial ROMs out there but they're not very good and things are usually broken with them. I'm afraid you've got the wrong phone for what you seem to want dude.

Hopefully one day they might officially port Cyanogenmod to the device but until then the official firmware is your best bet.

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews