• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocked Droid vs Others

Budwise

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
Just curious as to how the raw performance of an overclocked Droid compares to the newer 1Ghz Snapdragon and other new 1Ghz CPU's. Anyone have any figures or numbers/benchmarks? I have my Droid running the Liquid Yogurt 1.6 ROM at 1Ghz and was just wondering how it compares to my boss's HTC Incredible and other newer phones.

Just curious as to how the raw performance of an overclocked Droid compares to the newer 1Ghz Snapdragon and other new 1Ghz CPU's. Anyone have any figures or numbers/benchmarks? I have my Droid running the Liquid Yogurt 1.6 ROM at 1Ghz and was just wondering how it compares to my boss's HTC Incredible and other newer phones.

The benchmark apps are very unreliable imo. Lets take Linkpack for example. My droid with Froyo overclocked to 1.2ghz can get around 19mflops. My bosses Droid Incredible which is completely stock not root or anything on Froyo gets around 31mflops.

But when you compare that to Quadrant where my 1.2ghz droid gets a score of 1700 and the Droid Incredible only get 1200.

So one benchmark app says one thing and the other says another. I think an OCed Droid is slightly behind the newer phones but not a lot. The biggest short coming imo the droid has is it only has 256mb ram instead of the 512mb that the newer phones have.

Upvote 0
"The biggest short coming imo the droid has is it only has 256mb ram instead of the 512mb that the newer phones have."

but some of the ROMs out there are using swap files - compcache - and I wonder how much that helps the 256 ram issue. either way, I agree that on board ram weakness, one of the few glaring ones on the D1, is a real speed bottle neck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones