1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overclocking and mp3 players

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Wagster, Jun 2, 2010.

1. The Wagster

The Wagster Member

Hi guys,

After setting the overclock widget to reduce the CPU when my screen is off I find the mp3 player distorts the music when I listen. I have had to increase the screen off min speed to 480000 to stop this happening. This of course means I'm not getting the battery saving bonus that setting to 112, 160 or 245 would give me. Does anyone know a better way to set the overclock widget to give me the battery saving effects without distorting music? Or perhaps an mp3 player that uses less CPU?

I'm running SenseHero 2.1 b4 and using the stock HTC music player.

Cheers

Wagster

2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

You could try MixZing, MortPlayer and RockOn "3" player apps and see if there is any difference.

The Wagster likes this.
  3. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

I used mixzing and it runs fine at 285, ensure you end tasks on anything else before you turn your dispaly off, any running tasks will use CPU also.

The Wagster likes this.
  4. The Wagster

The Wagster Member

MixZing works great at 285. Many thanks.

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Yea, any value under 250 is going to give you problems so you should use the next value above 250 that your kernel allows.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews