1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overclocking ?? Hmm.?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pacedrum69, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

I'm running Sensable and I think it has the older kernal since the max is 710. I'm primarily concerned about battery life, so I wouldn't be going above that. But would upgrading to the zanfur kernal help with battery life too?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

It might... wont hurt to have the latest and greatest, even if you're not planning on OCing past 710

Overclock Patch and update.zip - xda-developers

Zanfur actually doesn't recommend going past 768. I also have mine set at 710. It's fast enough for me.

3. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I went ahead and flashed it. I guess I'll see how battery life is tomorrow. Thanks.

4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

ever since i flashed the new kernel, battery life has been awesome

5. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

Sorry... guess I should have specified (DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS :) ), I am actually rooted. I did it this morning (followed with cableguy had for advice) and I flashed EE 3.0. I downloaded the SETCPU program, but when I go to move any of the bars in either direction, is freezes and I have to battery pull. To note, it only lets me go up to 528 for the max cpu. I rooted cause I wanted to take advantage of this. So, in light of the new info, got any suggestions? Anyone?

And I'll change my info (<---) right now :)

6. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

that is weird....528 max?!
    by any chance do you have profiles on and one is set to above 710?

7. namu1107

Could it be that im moving the slider too fast? I was just reading a thread of xda for the patch fix and he says to move slowly... which (DETAILS) I don't, I just take it from default all the way to the max...

8. namu1107

?? Dunno. I haven't really done anything. I was looking at Caddy's post ^^ and going step by step, but it freezes when I move the bars :(

9. cableguynoe

I've accidently silide that thing way too fast before and the thing freezes up.
    Very important to NOT have 'set on boot' checked. A simple battery pull will fix this.

However, this might not be your problem since you said your max is 528, right?
    I think this might be because the SetCPU DEV requested that this not be included with roms, that way user have the option to donate when they download it. I'm assuming this is the SetCPU that was included with EE?
    Or did you get it from the MArket?

Try flashing a newer one with the link above. Where did you get your version of SetCPU?

10. namu1107

I didnt think there was one with EE. I downloaded it from the market. Flashing a newer one, like the patch listed above?

11. cableguynoe

Ok... The market one was probably the problem. I haven't downloaded it from there myself.

Those new ones should do the trick

12. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

if your setcpu wont go past 528 and you are on a oc kernel (most all roms)

uninstall and reinstall setcpu if you can. if not find setcpu.txt (something like that) in your sd card root and delete it and reboot.

13. namu1107

I have tried both of his (the zip file on the V 1.6, and the market) and they both do it. I'm uninstalling right now... we'll see.

14. namu1107

I reinstalled it, tried moving the min bar up, and it reset my phone... weird.

15. namu1107

Nope.. still not working. I am at work right now so I'll have to try deleting the setcpu.txt in the morning. This is just getting frustrated. Could flashing to another rom help?

Thanks for the help though...

16. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

you can use astro or any file exploer to delete the txt file

17. namu1107

I looked in astro, but didn't see the file name... i'll look again though

18. namu1107

Hey, I flashed Alysoius v12, and it works... this rom is pretty good. Hey, Jrzdroid, since your all into this rom, what are the common bugs??

19. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

20. namu1107

Thought I would give you guys a heads up on what I noticed. I was laying in bed today trying to organize things on my phone. I noticed there was a TERRRRRIIIIIIBBBBBLLLLLEEE lag, and that my phone kept going into failsafe mode. I thought it was a custom lock screen I had installed, but I did a wipe and restored a NAND recovery of before that and it was still failing. Then I POSSIBLY pinpointed the culprit.... My phone was on the charger, and the battery was getting warm because of its charge, so it kicked it into FS mode. I know, you guys probably are thinking "duh, that's obvious", but if you didn't know that, and you ever have this problem, then here is a possible explanation.

Plus, the silicone covering I think was keeping in the heat. Took it off and its cooling down now.

21. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

i use the cruvefish battery life widget, add extra info on its settings, and it shows your temp in C so you can monitor your heat

also if it gets hot i will set it on a fan or in front of an AC vent to cool it down.

22. hookem

hookem Android Enthusiast

I'm running EE now, OC'd to 806. Smooth, fast, no issues.:cool:

SetCPU will slide it to 864. Not going there.

23. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I have to say that, in Ivan's, I changed to Caddyman's suggestions and it was suddenly battery-eating time. I set the mins back to 19200 and my battery is doing much better again, and there is still no lag. YMMV, I guess.

24. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Weird...I've still got mine set to Caddyman's suggestions and my battery life seems better :)confused: but :)). No statistics or emperical evidence to support this, but I'm sort of thinking that not having previously set a sleep profile, I wasn't sleeping at a lower clock rate and now I am.

Man, these computer thingys be complicated! :eek:

25. hookem

hookem Android Enthusiast

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews