1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

overclocking issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AwesomePie85, Dec 26, 2011.

1. AwesomePie85

AwesomePie85 Well-Known Member

I recently overclocked my ascend to 748 and now random apps FC. I don't go into bootloop whenever I turn on my ascend and it didn't happen immediately after OC, just like since yesterday and I OC about 5 days ago. So I'm not completely sure if it's a OC issue. What happens is apps like market and dolphin FC more than usual and even the power control widget doesn't seem to work. Please help!
    Edit: the power control widget also gives me a FC message (the time when I really started getting worried)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

if you're on CM7 you dont need the power control widget ;)

AwesomePie85 likes this.
  3. AwesomePie85

Lol I know thanks. I just think it's weird for a widget to give me a FC message.

4. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

Run "fix permissions", that should fix your fc issues.

AwesomePie85 likes this.
  5. AwesomePie85

Yep, OC thing. :-( Need my Ascend to be faster!!!

6. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

Good luck with that, highest it can be OC'd is 749 (I think). And if your ascend can't handle that kernel, 729 (I think) is the next highest.

But Fix Permissions should get rid of the FCs. I usually do it in Rom Manager AND CWM.

7. Scur

Scur Android Expert

I have the lazy Ascend, and when I tried anything over 710, it usually took a few boots before it would sneak in and startup. In the end, it was just plain easier and better to stick with the lazy ROMs.

8. AwesomePie85

My ascend can be OC to 748 but it seems dolphin mini seems FC so I won't keep it on that. But I think the biggest problem is RAM. I only have 178 MB to use and I think that's what's really holding my ascend back.