• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocking / MFLOPS performance.

I wont address this issue again. I just want to make 1 thing clear. I dont flame. I speak from what I know first hand. Lets just say I know 1 of the dev's he used. And I will leave it at that.

I just meant, I am ready for opposing opinions and what not. Not that you don't know what you are talking about. Like I said...the whole WW debacle is a little fuzzy to me...it's not clear what did or didn't happen. Why is it that these things are always so cloudy as far as details? No one knows what really happened other than a select few, and the rest of us have to take sides on who is right or wrong because no one will tell us. I don't know you from adam, but the 'author' of WW has helped me lots...so I would tend to defend/take his side because according to him, it's a minor issue. Yet you make it sound like he is the devil himself...so who are we supposed to believe? For all we know, the people 'running' the forums are creating a monopoly for them and their buddies by blocking/claiming theft on work that isn't theirs. I realize this probably isn't the case, but you see what I am getting at right?

And about your comment about getting credit; how would you feel if someone took your work, took credit for it and EVEN GOT PAID FOR IT?and then never gave any credit to you? Yes its all free since its open source, but giving credit is free too.

I understand. And I am not trying to start anything. As far as credit goes, no, I don't care. If someone stole some work of mine and didn't give me due credit, it would just make me that much more bad ass. If my work is so great that it was copied/stolen/used to make something better I would find it flattering. I am certain not many share this view.

Upvote 0
I understand. And I am not trying to start anything. As far as credit goes, no, I don't care. If someone stole some work of mine and didn't give me due credit, it would just make me that much more bad ass. If my work is so great that it was copied/stolen/used to make something better I would find it flattering. I am certain not many share this view.

lol. This is what I keep telling Bill Gates and the music industry. They should be flattered.

I also don't know what happened or didn't happen in this situation. However, this reasoning is just wrong if there is truth to what AZ is being accused of.
These devs spend hours and hours working on these roms.....and not just for the fun of it. some are expecting/hoping to see some cash come their way.
So feeling flattered isn't going to help their wifes go shopping while they do their thing.

Upvote 0
Id stay away from WW. Creator is shady. HIs account was just banned on XDA. Anyways. I have learned from doing tons of NANDs and flashing everything I can find. For the kernal, look on XDA in the Eris section. I would link here but they dont like that. Thread is by zanfur and its called Overclock patch and update. I flashed that kernal. To get JIT to work with Aloysius, you need to remove Sense. Sorry, going to say search for that. I just removed fb stuff, friendster and rosie.apk and I cannot rem the other one that gave the fc, but when it popped up, I just googled it to find out which apk it was and removed it. If you dont like adb, buy rootexplorer, make things easier. But adb is the way to go.

I have flashed every single ROM. Tweaked them all out. Aloysius is by far the best. Without JIT, i was getting 3.3MFLOPS and it felt faster than that.

just sayin....i ASKED to be banned

Upvote 0
Really? I just haven't seen it.

I see how much faster some roms are than others. But i can see this before i even OC it. It's just a smoother/faster running rom.

I then OC just because i can.... but dont notice much difference.

Maybe it's just me :rolleyes:
I'd be willing to bet it's the same principles as PC OCing... 5-10% increase at MAX.

The JIT compiler on the other hand... I'm not sure... Depends on how optimized it is.

Upvote 0
LOL... I had 3.3... What's even funnier is looking at the top 10 on Linpak. We get all excited if we hit the magic 5 number, and the Droid and Nexus One is in the 50s!

Then when you look at Quadrant, that is just depressing.

the droid is a behemoth, just wait till the Incredible is Rooted. I haven't seen any Evo4G's yet with overclock and JIT. Those snapdragons are gonna roar.
Our little Eris does all it can do with what HTC gave and the devs tinkered it to make it as good as it can be.

Upvote 0
the droid is a behemoth, just wait till the Incredible is Rooted. I haven't seen any Evo4G's yet with overclock and JIT. Those snapdragons are gonna roar.
Our little Eris does all it can do with what HTC gave and the devs tinkered it to make it as good as it can be.
Ya... I'm fairly happy with my current ROM... It's pretty snappy, and does most of what I need it to do without crashing all the time (although, there was that one time)...

The fact that it has full Navi and MMS is a big seller on me (even though I never use MMS). I'm not too keen on the whole LWP idea because I heard on some ROMS it breaks Navi. Weird that LWP is such a big deal - I had it on my little LG Chocolate!

The only thing I'm not loving is the white status bar... Compared to my old phone though, this thing is operating like I would expect an Android to operate stock.

I might do a different home. I liked Launcher Pro quite a bit, but if I had the time, I'd be kicking it with SweeterHome... It's just too much of a time drainer right now.

Upvote 0
I've got Ivanmmj's Eris Official 1.0 w/OC installed and I have a question: am I already overclocked?

I never launched setCPU or tried to tweak any settings related to overclocking. I just today put the setCPU widget on my home screen (didn't even know there was one until I read about it in a recent thread) and saw 710 max, 19 min w/the temperature (about 77 degrees). My linpack score has always been right at 3.0 MFLOPS whilst rooted and I'm happy with the phone's speed and battery life. I just assumed that since I never tweaked anything, I was running at the phone's default CPU speed / clock cycle...

So basically, have I been overclocked all this time w/o knowing it? :)

Upvote 0
I've got Ivanmmj's Eris Official 1.0 w/OC installed and I have a question: am I already overclocked?

I never launched setCPU or tried to tweak any settings related to overclocking. I just today put the setCPU widget on my home screen (didn't even know there was one until I read about it in a recent thread) and saw 710 max, 19 min w/the temperature (about 77 degrees). My linpack score has always been right at 3.0 MFLOPS whilst rooted and I'm happy with the phone's speed and battery life. I just assumed that since I never tweaked anything, I was running at the phone's default CPU speed / clock cycle...

So basically, have I been overclocked all this time w/o knowing it? :)

Okay, so I DO think I'm already overclocked at 710 MHz. I think this is the default setting for this ROM (which is cool). Thanks to BlueDC2 for suggesting verifying the clock speed with System Panel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones