1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root OverClocking Nexus One?????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dckloos, Mar 14, 2010.

1. dckloos

dckloos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    So i am very familiar with what Over Clocking is but i have not been able to do it on my Nexus One (i think)....Rooted and Installed Cyanogen ROM.....Downloaded SetCPU but when i go into the app it only shows that it can be Over Clocked to 998MHz.....I have seen and read many things that show that you can over clock to 1.1MHz....what am i doing wrong. I thought that once i rooted, flashed ROM and installed SetCPU it would show the 1.1MHz???????

Advertisement

2. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    you need to flash the zImage and push the .ko file in order to be able to overclock; just rooting and using SetCPU won't do it; since you are running Cyanogen ROM, you can just download the zip file and go into recovery and flash the zip file

you should check out this thread: Overclocked and Undervolted

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Boston Baby!
    Interesting read. However if pushing the limits is defined as a jump from 1ghz to 1.1, ill pass. That's a paltry gain. The kernel is worthwhile simply to save battery life... but if I can't double the numbers, I wont bother.

4. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    the Droid guys seem to be able to easily double their clockspeeds... i guess the Snapdragon is close to maxed out as it is... while the Droid's CPU is way underclocked ?

5. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Eating Babies (not related to my hobby)
    Colorado
    I think I remember seeing a post at XDA that said he was working on an experimental kernel to overclock to 1.3.

However I see no need to do so. My nexus one runs just fine.

Tags: