• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root overclocking

Overclocking is not dangerous if you do not pass the clockspeed that your cpu can support. For example I have my hero 528 MHz factory setting overclocked to 749MHz without any issues, it only makes it smoother. Before I had VillainRom 12 at 769MHz without a problem, but anything above will just probably freeze the phone and a reboot would be required. I used to have overclocking widget, but now I'm on FroydVillain and the SetCPU app is included, so I use that one now and I have never had a problem with overclocking, the only problem I had once was when I set my CPU Speed when screen off too low it had issues when I turned the screen back on. So a setting not too lkow when screen off and a higher setting for screen on and you should be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones