1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overclocking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spr8dogg, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Spr8dogg

Spr8dogg Member

This is my first post, so, I wanted to thank everyone who contributes here. This entire website is a great source of information. That being said...

I've had good luck with underclocking my rooted evo to save battery power. I am a somewhat experienced overclocker with other devices and I'd like to give it a try on my evo. Is there anyway to overclock without flashing a different kernal? Perhaps an app that I can play with? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert

Set cpu, but always leave set on boot unchecked until you fing the right settings, if you have it checked and go a little too high, you will be stuck in a bootloop. also make a nand backup before you start messing with your processor just in case you get in the aforementioned bootloop

3. kwmetalfan

kwmetalfan Well-Known Member

You still need a non-stock kernel in order to overclock

Mr. Ed likes this.
  4. Spr8dogg

Spr8dogg Member

Thanks for the help. Do custom kernels work with the stock Rom? Or is this perhaps an area where I should mix and match?

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

You should be able to use a custom kernel with the stock ROM just fine. Just make sure to make a nandroid backup first. Most people will recommend you flash a custom kernel, first, though. You don't *have* to, though.

6. Spr8dogg

Spr8dogg Member

Thanks! This has definitely helped.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews