• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overcome 3.1.0

kool kat2

Android Expert
May 21, 2011
Carson, CA
Hey guys, this might be the first custom rom i flash ever. I have been reading the instructions on overcomes page and i had a few questions. The first is do i download the 3 files (GB stock safe, kernel, rom) directly onto the tab? Second, after i put the tab in download mode, how do i navigate to the ffile?

I have a stock froyo rooted tmobile tab.

Edit: i answered the First one already. But heres another, as far as drivers, is kies all i need?

Edit: after lcopying the overcome zip file to the drive root, do i power off the tab while connected or do i unmount the tab and then do it?

Edit: ok guys i found a video (after searching the whole day [i suck at searching]) that answered all my questions. Ill report back if i get the courage to actually go through with it:rolleyes:

Edit: success!

Reactions: The Absolute
Upvote 0
so what does over come let you do??

edit are you kidding me.. i buy my verzion tablet and before it even gets here i start learning about all the crap i cant do cause its the verzion. **** they dont even have 2.3.3 for it yet you they..

Yea it sucks because i got a Verizon tab after having a t-mo tab and jeez there's nothing happening with it... Although I haven't had mine for a few mot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones