• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overheating and FAST battery loss.

acarter

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
I'm sitting in school, and I feel something hot in my pocket. My phone is overheating, and more than it ever has before. I check, and my battery is down to 60%. It had 100 an hour and a half ago. It's in airplane mode, I've used my task killer and closed everything I'm not using, and the brightness is only on 15%. Any advice?!

Along with the great advice MacFett is offering, install Watchdog to see if you have an app that's having an issue. Just leave it at it's default settings and wait. If an app is eating too much of your CPU (which can sometimes cause overheating), Watchdog will alert you.

Watchdog Task Manager Lite
by Zomut, LLC.
>250,000 downloads, 27329 ratings (4.4 avg)
Free
rating9.png

Reactions: DMGO
Upvote 0
I'm sitting in school, and I feel something hot in my pocket. My phone is overheating, and more than it ever has before. I check, and my battery is down to 60%. It had 100 an hour and a half ago. It's in airplane mode, I've used my task killer and closed everything I'm not using, and the brightness is only on 15%. Any advice?!
Don't use the task killer. Some of your Google apps don't work very well when you force close them. Just because the task killer shows the app running,doesn't mean that the app is running in the sense that you think.

Go to menu/settings/about phone/battery use. If it doesn't show something using up your battery there(you will get the Icon for the app with a % of battery use) then your apps are not using up your battery.

Go to the market and look in my apps section and check and make sure none of your apps have auto update checked(if any are, uncheck).

Go to menu/settings/accounts and sync. make sure auto sync is turned off(If you need to sync with calendar,or some other app,turn in on for 3min then turn off)

Some apps don't really like to be on the sd card. Go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications/running. One by one uninstall an app that's in the running app section. Give it a couple of hours and see if it solves your problem. Do this for every app in the running app section until you find the app that is behaving badly. If it's an app that's on the sd card then move it to the phone,if it is on the phone then you might think about getting rid of it and finding another app that does the same thing from the market.

Hopefully this with the other advice received from the other members will solve your problems.

P.S. Some "V"s have whats called a Time Without Signal bug that will eat up battery juice. This would be evident when not in airplane mode. To cure this if it happens: when you turn the phone on(I leave my phone on all the time except when flashing a new ROM,kernel,or update.)Toggle the airplane mode on for 30sec. then turn off again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones