• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overheating battery

My battery gets really hot and then my phone shuts down. Help? How can I fox this?

Hello mini.

There is a long list of different things that cause battery issues with drainage and/or excessive heat.

What phone is it and how old is it?

If it's actually shutting down, I'd take it in for replacement (the device).. but first I'd check a few things:

- how many widgets and apps are auto syncing in the background? Facebook and other social networking apps, weather and news, email, etc. Set them to sync on demand

- is the battery damaged? check for terminal contact bends or breaks in both the battery and the battery well where the contacts meet.. clean it up with rubbing alcohol if you see any color other than brass/gold/yellowish

- usage: are you on the phone a lot more than usual? if so and it's while apps are syncing in the background, that's a main cause of over heating

- any changes in environment? do you use the device out in the 90 degree heat? etc

- old battery? get a nice fresh new one from the store where the phone came from

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones