1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overheating issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chefdon, Feb 8, 2016.

1. chefdon

chefdon Newbie

Has anybody experienced overheating of the phone?

Last night I noticed my leg getting hot. I pulled my phone out and it was probably the hottest I've ever felt a phone. It had shut off and took about an hour to cool down enough to turn on. Besides the heating, there was some battery draining as well.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

If its heating that much, the battery is going to be draining. Thats where the heats ultimately coming from - excess power usage.

I havent experienced this, but chances are you have an app running rogue. Keep tabs on your battery stats if it happens again.

3. chefdon

chefdon Newbie

I checked it last night and nothing out of the ordinary popped up.

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

That is certainly unusual. My phone does not get very warm at all.

5. islparadise27

islparadise27 Lurker

You might check your
    Reasons your device may get warm
    • Playing videos, games, or other media apps;
    • Tethering your device or using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot;
    • Using the device while it's charging; or
    • Downloading or uploading a lot of data over 3G or Wi-Fi connection.
    Ways to prevent your device from heating up
    • Pause resource-intensive features or apps until your device cools down
    • Keep your device away from direct heat or excessive sunlight
    • Avoid keeping your device in enclosed or poorly ventilated areas where heat can easily build up
    • Reduce your device's display brightness by going to Settings [​IMG] > Display and adjusting your brightness options
    • Don't use a case or cover that isn't made for your device

6. islparadise27

islparadise27 Lurker

Mine was like that for three days and I been clearing apps data and deleting unwanted apps, but still the same then I looked it up. I've been using the highest brightness. My baby probably turned it up high, because I never use high.

ljhenshall likes this.
  7. sanchezwat

sanchezwat Lurker

i am having the same issue on my nexus.I am game lover and daily 3-4 hours with break i would play games and my nexus was verymuch heated which 80-70% battery discharges.Anyone had experience like this

mikedt likes this.
  8. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

If it gets too warm... Think of it as a gentle reminder from the universe that you need to take a break.

svim and mikedt like this.
  9. sanchezwat

sanchezwat Lurker

LOL

JackiEVO and psionandy like this.
  10. uzetaab

uzetaab Android Enthusiast

Mine gets hot too, but no hotter than my last two phones when I am putting it through it's paces. Well, maybe a little hotter, but this is the first phone I have had with an aluminium case, and I figure that the whole case has been designed to work as a heatsink. I'm not worried about it.

11. shakyawp

shakyawp Lurker

hey guys, my Nexus 6p is heating excessively from moderate use like taking pictures and playing normal games for a while. I have cleared cache too but it didn't help. Please suggest how to solve this issue.

12. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Can you define hot? Like hot by a temperature app, too hot to hold, or something else?

13. shakyawp

shakyawp Lurker

I am using "CpuTemp" app for measuring temperature of my CPU, as the portion between the camera and the fingerprint sensor heats up. The temperature reaches 130°F from 95°F (55°C from 34°C) by just playing game (Clash Royale) for 10 minutes.

14. uzetaab

uzetaab Android Enthusiast

ljhenshall likes this.

Nexus 6P Forum

The Nexus 6P release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews