• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overheating/not holding a charge

Bugglette

Nov 20, 2009
My husband's S6 has been overheating and not holding a charge, just very recently. He got it when they first came out, so it's far from new. He doesn't like getting new phones as much as I do, so I'm trying to fix it for him. What I've done, in the order I've done it:
- safe mode to check for app issues
- cache clear
- factory reset
- I just replaced the battery. We haven't turned it on yet, but the phone is already hot to the touch, after charging for about 10 mins. I have not put the back glass back on yet, so I can still mess around in there. But I don't know what to do next. The heat is coming from where the battery connects to the phone. And if it matters, something was disconnected when I very first opened the phone. Photo attached with said connector circled (not my photo).
Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1496974400618.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1496974400618.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 121

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones