• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overheating Samsung Gear Vr

Aschcz

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
Hello,
I am part of project 6freeze. Our team is working hard to solve the problem of overheating phones during the usage of VR sets. We came up with pretty simple but very stylish version of the heatsink. We are bringing a solution to keeping a mobile temperature low to save its durability and allow people to play games or watch movies for the unlimited time in any conditions. Right now we are finishing development and opinion of users is the key for us. If you wanna more information as photos or technical parameters or if you just wanna news about our progress, contact me on asch@6freeze.com
Here is also our web link: https://www.facebook.com/6freezee/?ref=hl

Without having to try to fabricate one for the S7 this looks like an interesting solution. Essentially it is just a play on the standard heat sinks. What kind of reductions are you witnessing with this device attached to the S6 and with the new "non-opening S7" case have you started looking at the S7 options?

For now I am keeping my cover off and limiting use to 2 hours or less (essentially a single movie).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones