• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My attain has overheated a few times when charging. So hot that it melted my ZAGG© screan protector! I checked the temp with a temp gun and the battery was a whopping 168°F!!! The screen was a tish cooler @ 154°F and the phone was STILL ON AND CHARGING! now im no expert on battery temps but DAMN, aint that hott?? By the way its happened atleast 4 other times with one or two times getting hotter it seemed but didnt get a temp reading. And yes, my attain still works 110%. Im posting this reply from it now... It overheated like that when i was either sleeping or away from it and it was at a completely idle state. Infact i almost always reboot at night before plugging in to charge while i sleep. Stock samsung charger/cable as well. I kill all background apps or anything running thats not neccessary too. When the overheating happens i check to see if an app re-opened itself and sucked down the cpu/battery but no such luck. I am stumped with this issue and have came to a "troubleshooters deadend". Any thoughts/comments/questions/concerns/backlashes?? :-D

Upvote 0
My attain has overheated a few times when charging. So hot that it melted my ZAGG© screan protector! I checked the temp with a temp gun and the battery was a whopping 168°F!!! The screen was a tish cooler @ 154°F and the phone was STILL ON AND CHARGING! now im no expert on battery temps but DAMN, aint that hott?? By the way its happened atleast 4 other times with one or two times getting hotter it seemed but didnt get a temp reading. And yes, my attain still works 110%. Im posting this reply from it now... It overheated like that when i was either sleeping or away from it and it was at a completely idle state. Infact i almost always reboot at night before plugging in to charge while i sleep. Stock samsung charger/cable as well. I kill all background apps or anything running thats not neccessary too. When the overheating happens i check to see if an app re-opened itself and sucked down the cpu/battery but no such luck. I am stumped with this issue and have came to a "troubleshooters deadend". Any thoughts/comments/questions/concerns/backlashes?? :-D

I don't know honestly, perhaps you guys got unlucky. My attain hasn't overheated a sinlge time, during charging or use.

Upvote 0
I don't know honestly, perhaps you guys got unlucky. My attain hasn't overheated a sinlge time, during charging or use.
My attain did the same thing and it reached 168 degrees as well. After trying all the common reason for that and no change and it got even worse. It no longer took a charge and it said overheating battery and unsupported battery and my phonr was 3 months old. I knew nothing i did wrong for that to happen so i had samsung take care of it on their expense....incluxing shipping too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones