• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone experienced overheating using this phone? As you know I hadn't had my phone activated for a week or so, and never had an issue with the phone overheating, although I didn't use it like I do now that it's activated. And I can just barely use it to maybe browse the web or send a couple texts and the battery temperature will report 98 and it's even got up to 107 yesterday. And its not like its hot where I live right now lol! But it's weird because when its hot like this, its not near the bottom of the phone where the battery is, its at the top like around the camera.

Anyone else had overheating problems?

Mine got real hot when I used the usb car charger for my heated coffee mug. It actually fried the battery. I took it in and they exchanged it for me. But during normal use it has gotten warm but I don't think it was to the degree that the OP stated. Then again I've never tested it either. I use Battery Solo Widget. I'll monitor it to see what it does.

Upvote 0
I set the Battery Solo Widget settings to alarm when it got to 102. Well yesterday it did it when I was at my dads house. It was a very low signal. Only 1 or 2 bars. It said it was at 102 and was warm but really it didn't feel to bad. I only suspect it was because of the low signal.

This. Your phone probably is signal boosting causing some heat. :)

Upvote 0
This. Your phone probably is signal boosting causing some heat. :)

Exactly! I don't know if this is the case for the OP but just thought I would report it. Nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. I believe this phone has something built into it to help the signal because across the board it seems like it gets a better signal vs my Triumph.

Upvote 0
Exactly! I don't know if this is the case for the OP but just thought I would report it. Nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. I believe this phone has something built into it to help the signal because across the board it seems like it gets a better signal vs my Triumph.

Yeah, this phone has better signal than my One V also. I assume it has better radios.

Upvote 0
Has anyone experienced overheating using this phone? As you know I hadn't had my phone activated for a week or so, and never had an issue with the phone overheating, although I didn't use it like I do now that it's activated. And I can just barely use it to maybe browse the web or send a couple texts and the battery temperature will report 98 and it's even got up to 107 yesterday. And its not like its hot where I live right now lol! But it's weird because when its hot like this, its not near the bottom of the phone where the battery is, its at the top like around the camera.

Anyone else had overheating problems?
Do you have an otterbox or a rubber case on your phone ?

Upvote 0
Yeah I have the defender case. I think a lot of it is low signal and trying to use 3g when at low signal.
I haven't put my S2 4G into a case yet, but my HTC One & HTC Evo 4G I had both overheated BADLY so i'm gonna say take off the rubber case & try to repeat whatever you were doing prior to achieve the overheating. It really sucks too because i'm not the easiest guy on phones lol & this one was Damn expensive. :D

Upvote 0
Weird. This is the coolest phone I have used (literally). I remember my evo used to heat up significantly around the camera. Maybe try checking for a rogue app using better battery stats?

this is the hottest phone i have ever used, coming from the LG Optimus Slider which was a very "cool" phone (temperature cool, that thing sucked :mad:) and i had that thing scaled to max cpu freq and it never got hotter than 80, this phone however gets like 100 at stock CPU frequencies and even hotter at overclocked (to be expected though :rolleyes:). i know its not a big deal but when that glass heats up its kinda gross feeling to me, i cant explain it, but its like irritating like nails on a chalkboard :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones