1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Overnight charge

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by guillermo15, Oct 20, 2011.

1. guillermo15

guillermo15 Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    I have a question, I did not charge the battery of my huawei ascend II overnight when i first got it. will that affect my phone battery??
    i just charged for 4 hours.
    first time user here.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

Most manufacturers recommend charging your battery until full for the first time, but it's really just to teach your phone the capacity of the battery. You really should do it once. Let your battery drain all the way down until the phone shuts off. Then plug it in using the charger, not the USB cable in a PC. When it's full, unplug it and reboot, then shut it off and plug it back in. If plugging it back in turns it on, shut it off while still plugged in. Let it charge for at least another hour, even if it says full. Then you're good.

Modern LiIon batteries do not have a memory so you'll be okay with small charges. Actually, deeply discharging the battery over and over can harm it, so try not to let it get down to zero too often.

guillermo15 likes this.
  3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF :)

As lunatic said, you're fine, shouldnt see any problems. I'm not sure the sensor thing is as big a deal anymore either but it cant hurt. If you find your sensor not giving you the right readings, then drain the phone all the way and then charge it all the way.

It's ok to let it get to zero too, just don't try and boot if it ever auto-shuts off or leave it in storage for a long period of time at zero charge.

guillermo15 likes this.
  4. guillermo15

guillermo15 Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Thank you Lunatic59.