1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Overpopulated contact list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Prole, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Prole

Prole Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Hey everyone, sorry if this sort of issue has been addressed before but I've been going through threads and it seems everyone has a different problem with their contacts.

See, I don't want all of my Gmail contacts mixed in with my phone contacts since I have about 30 people who I'd call or text, and then I have 400+ e-mail addresses I've sent an e-mail too once and now it's in with all of my regularly used contacts.

I have it set up so if I go to my contacts page, it only displays people with phone numbers, which is exactly what I want. BUT if I go into the messaging> Compose new message>Contacts, I get all the hundreds of e-mail addresses. Suffice to say, this is a royal pain in the ass.

How can I get it so that my Messaging> Compose New Message> Contacts screen actually displays the same thing as my Contacts screen? Also, if I go Phone> Contacts> It shows me just my contacts with phone contacts (what I want!). So under Phone and Contacts, my contacts list is neat and slim like I want, but messaging yields hundreds of contacts. How do I get the messaging contact list to be like the others?

Sorry for the rant, been up 28 hours, WOOT!

Advertisement

2. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    I think the only way to do it is to turn off google contacts, the email addresses are coming from your google, since you can text email addresses they show up. It annoyed me at first, but i use voice for texting most of the time, so it doesn't bug me much anymore.

3. Prole

Prole Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Ok, then how do I do that?

4. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    In Contacts press menu / more / display options / choose contacts to display. Turn off the ones you don't want to see.

Prole likes this.