• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oversize image on TV with LG g3

rbruce1314

Lurker
Sep 14, 2011
With my new LG G3 I've bought a Slimport to connect it to the HDTV (a Panasonic). It works perfectly - except that the edges of the phone image (on any/all apps) spill off the edge of the TV screen. With my old Xperia arc everything resized automatically and I never noticed it.

Do I need to adjust settings, and if so it is on the TV, the G3 or both?

Thanks

Thanks for ultra-quick answer as to what it is and why. I read that link but it doesn't seem to say how to fix it - or even if you can or not! Am I right here or have I missed something?

Or rather, I cannot find anything like that (mentioned in above link) either on the 'setup' screen of the TV, or anything remotely (sorry!) relevant in the userguide.

BTW, Tv's an old Panasonic tx32lxd700

Upvote 0
Some TVs do offer some overscan adjustment, but it's usually buried in the service menus that you generally don't have access to.
Yup - there are other Panasonic TVs which DO have the option (in the accessible menus) which offer you that setting: it's in the public manuals for those models such as this one:

Panasonic TX37LZD85 LCD HDTV Calibration & Benchmark Test

PANASONIC TX-32LX85P Operating Instructions Manual (Page 19 of 48)

but none of these options appear in my manual.

Guess I'm beggared on this one: great pity!!

Thanks for help though.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones