1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Overskreen browser & screen timeout on Samsung GN

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by liviococcia, Apr 15, 2012.

1. liviococcia

liviococcia Newbie

Hello Members
    I'm using Overskreen browser on my andriod gingerbread 'Galaxy note', and as i browse the web the screen powersave timeout will kick in.

I don't want to completely turn this feature off, but would just like it that the screen timeout feature is disabled while browsing.

Is there a setting in the Overskreen browser, or a short cut switch from the phones desktop to turn this power saving feature on or off at will.

Any help would be great from members.

Regards
    Livio

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I don't know this browser, but you can use a (paid) app called Tasker to control this behaviour (any many other things). For example, I have a Tasker profile which disables the screen timeout when certain apps are active - Maps and Navigation in my case, but you could do this for any app you like.

3. liviococcia

liviococcia Newbie

Thanks Hadron, i'll have a look at the app.

If your interested, Overskreen browser's unique in that it opens webpages as windows aswell as tabs, only under android gingerbread the flash on webpages isn't loaded, your ok if your running ICS though.
    Regards

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I haven't used Overskreen in a few weeks, so I don't recall if that feature is there or not; at least when I tried it, I remember it being fairly basic at that point. If you can't find any resolution to the issue, you can always try emailed the Dev and see if it can be added in a future update.