• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Owner satisfaction poll

As a new owner of a Droid Incredible, I feel the phone is:

• Excellent

Votes: 361 68.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 136 25.9%
  • Average

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Terrible

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
I came from a Moto Droid and I love the INC. There are a few software bugs that need to be ironed out, but that is to be expected with all new phones. We all could have waited a few months before getting the INC, then a lot of the bugs would have been worked out but who wants to wait? lol.

Overall, I'm extremely please with the phone. And I'm glad I sold my MotoDroid to get the INC. It will be even better with a couple of updates.

Upvote 0
Having experience with a handful of "smart type phones" , i am inclined to say this is the best overall experience that i have ever had.

Sure, there a few things to work out, but thats what you get when you want the most cutting edge phone on the market.

I think that there are a few people here on this site that have never had a smart phone and had no idea what to expect.

My first pda phone was a ppc6600, and hooooooly schnike it was mediocre at best. I was freaking out, every time it froze or locked up or restarted by itself.

Upvote 0
Coming from a Motorola Droid, I like the phone more overall but it does have some issues but what product doesn't? My main gripes are:

-Weaker signal strength: Yes I know the software bars don't match what's actually going on but compared to my Droid, the signal quality is definitely weaker. It's not that big of an issue considering I work in a basement because all phones, regardless of carrier, are hit or miss.

-Weak LED notification: Minor gripe but I grew to like this feature a lot on my Droid. The Incredible's LED is virtually useless when compared to the Droid's bigger, multicolored LED which made notifications much easier to distinguish from. I run my phone on silent at work so I got attached.

-Screen quality: Another really minor issue but I personally think the Droid's screen is better. Plenty of threads on this already though so I'll spare the details.

As far as that, I really do like the phone more overall than the Droid. It's lighter, easier to pocket, and I can do things much faster on it thanks to the upgraded hardware. I've owned a ton of smartphones and the Incredible is near the top of the list for me.

Upvote 0
I voted very good! I love the phone, overall it blows away my tour in almost every way except for 2, which is why I didnt not give it excellent. First, the google/htc sence seem to conflict with some things, like i have some contacts that are doubled up coming from google, etc....second, is facebook integration....I dont get notifications directly from the app, like on BB, and i had to sync each contact individually, and the phone thinks i want ALL of my facebook friends stored on the phone....just overall facebook is sort of a mess.....but i love the phone and look forward to getting to know android better.

Upvote 0
Being a heavy multi-media/socializer/gadget/app freak, I love it compared to my previous Eris. No point in bitching about the battery any more, I'll get the extended one. I find out new tricks every day on the DI. My buddy is getting the Evo soon and he's already yada yada about the screen size. If the DI had that Evo screen, it would hold me for a year.

Upvote 0
I think the Incredible is pretty large as it is now. The EVO is going to be absolutely huge and in my opinion too large for a pocketable cell phone.
I put on a disguise and snuck into a T-Mobile store and played with the HD2 (Windows version of the Evo). Multi-media freaks like me gonna want that screen. (Gotta cool it, turning into a thread-jack...)

Upvote 0
I didn't vote because I just got my phone tonight and have been fiddling with it for the last couple of hours. I love it, beautiful display, intuitive and blazing fast. I can live with frequently charging the battery. The only thing that bothers me is the jumpy signal strenth indicator. If this phone proves to have a weak radio in it, bye bye baby and back to my LG Dare or something else. I use my phone for business and cannot afford dropped or missed calls or poor voice quality. Guess I'll find out.

Upvote 0
I didn't vote because I just got my phone tonight and have been fiddling with it for the last couple of hours. I love it, beautiful display, intuitive and blazing fast. I can live with frequently charging the battery. The only thing that bothers me is the jumpy signal strenth indicator. If this phone proves to have a weak radio in it, bye bye baby and back to my LG Dare or something else. I use my phone for business and cannot afford dropped or missed calls or poor voice quality. Guess I'll find out.
I live in a fringe area yet with using high end earbuds the radio is excellent. Call quality is as good or better than my Droid (I have both)

Upvote 0
I am coming from BB which I have been using for nearly 10 years. I have had an iPhone too in addition. I am finding the DI to be very frustrating personally. The buzzkill items so far for me are; email push/retrieval as I do not solely use gmail, the time delay to get an email is too long, unless you happen to be opening the email client just to force it to sync. Next issue is the number of steps it takes to send/reply to a text. This process is far to complex. From the unlocking of the phone to tapping on the message, then compose, send and back out to get to the next message and start again. Every time a new message/email comes in and I touch the icon at the top left of the screen I get taken to the desk clock, then I have to back out and go back and drag the screen all the way down. I just felt that with the BB, I knew all the shortcuts so I was far more productive. The text entry has been challenging, more so then the iPhone I would say. I have downloaded swype which is fun, however I really am unsure on how much time it saves me as I continually must make corrections. Last issue is closing out or quitting an App is there an easy way?

The screen size and display are brilliant. The phone is a bit to thin in my hands and I am scared to death of scratching the camera lens.

I am a heavy email user and texter as I own a business. I have not played around with the Apps much as I mainly read blogs and news. Is this the best phone for me, tbd, I would like to love it, just really frustrating at the moment.

So to date, this phone has cost me a ton of time and plenty of frustration. I fear that it is not bomb proof if dropped or sat on. Does that mean it is not for me, no. There is no love for it yet, no matter how hard I try. You asked for what people think and this is my take on it. I appreciate all the help from this community as I have learned a lot, and you have helped with many headaches. The battle to learn to love this phone/OS rages on.

you might want to try handcent- I believe when I was using it, it allows you to answer the text right away w/out unlocking the phone- I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones