1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Owners of the phone how's battery life ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mlee19841, May 30, 2011.

1. mlee19841

mlee19841 Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    I'm planing on getting the phone in a couple days. Can the people that own the phone chime in. Let me know what type of battery life u guys have been getting. Thanks for ur input. This is the one thing that I need to be sure on before I seal the deal and purchase the phone. Thanks guys/girls

Advertisement

2. sixteen2nd

sixteen2nd Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    I've only had my Dinc2 for about a week, but after the first full charge I got about 24 hours of moderate/heavy use. My second charge is going better, I'm going on my second day of light/moderate use and still have 35% left.

3. VA5oh

VA5oh Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    I've had mine for a couple weeks now. You're gonna find from the majority of the responses you get here, that the battery life is definitely one of the strong points of this phone. I don't usually go more than 24 hours without charging it, only because its habit to plug it in before bed, but it is normal for me to go 20 or so hours on a single charge and still have 30-40% with moderate use before plugging it back in.

4. steve6163

steve6163 Newbie
    None

May 22, 2011
    I've had my Inc2 for about a week and I can only tell you what worked for me. On the first day, battery life was horrible (yes, after charging it).

I went to menu/settings/about phone/battery/battery use, and saw at the top of the list something called "PVMtpServiceStart", eating my battery like it had gravy on it or something.

I tried all the suggestions for improving battery performance, but the only thing that worked (and worked like a charm) was doing a factory reset. I'm glad I did it before I loaded all kinds of apps or anything, but the apps I had loaded were there after the reset anyway. Since then, this battery has been crazy good with moderate use. I also keep the wifi on when I'm at home, and only switch to 3G on the road.

That's my own experience so far....others will be different, I'm sure, but I love this phone so far. And it works great as a...*gasp*...phone, too!

5. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert
    None

My first day was also a little less than stellar, but that might be because I was downloading all of the apps from my previous phone (gotta luv appbrain) & setting up my accounts. That alone took me about 1.5 hours, and even after that I still had around 70-75% left.

Since then I get about 2 full days (usually on for about 14 hours a day) on a charge. I keep my screen birghtness at 20-30%, wi-fi & GPS on, & only sync gmail, htc weather, & weather channel app (set to sync at instant, every hour, & every hour respectively). I'm usually under a network extender (femtocell) so my signal is good.

After coming from a Tbolt it's night & day (& that was with LTE turned off since I'm not even covered by it).

6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    I came over from the HTC Eris and noticed a huge improvement from day one. The battery improved over the next couple days and I have been extremely happy with it.

7. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    It's decent, I came from an X which has great battery life. I don't cripple my phone, I use full brightness, everything on (wifi, gps, bt all the time) and I was at 15 hours yesterday when I hit 15% left and then charged it. You can get a lot more by lowering the brightness but I don't like to do it, I want to enjoy the phone and it has a beautiful screen so why cripple it? but thats just me.

8. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Yes the battery is very good. On the battery that came with it I got 24 hours and didn't have to plug it in until the next morning. Once you hit 5 or 6 charge cycles that battery seems to also get better.

I have since purchased the Siedio 1750 battery and got 2 full days out of it this weekend. So far so good.

9. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    Having come from a BlackBerry I'm very happy with the battery life. The first few days is horrible but now I get a full day with Moderate usage.

10. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    I use my phone probably moderately. Reading a lot of news apps through out the day, play probably about 30-45 min total of games like Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds, stream music from Google Music Beta for about 30 min, and about an hour of calls. Don't use wi-fi a lot. Oh and texting a lot through out the day.

I get an average of 18 hours. WAAAAY better than my old Moto Droid. Many times I go to bed and there's still 40% battery left. My max so far is 1 day and 4 hours.

evan2000 likes this.
  11. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    I got 17 hours yesterday and had 5% left before I plugged it in to charge last night

12. seejoshplay

seejoshplay Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2011
    I'm getting all day use no problem, I rarely run out of juice with heavy use. I am on wifi quite a lot, and when I am not using data I turn it off (because work is a total dead zone, and leaving data on in a dead zone crushes battery).

13. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    pretty great. moderate usage. sitting at 60% after 12 hours, about 2 hours of which i was stuck in the subways with no reception.

14. chknhwk

chknhwk Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Absolutely horrible so far. My battery is going down about 1%/minute of use so far. Granted it's on the first charge and I'm setting it up but there's no reason it should be dropping this far. I know some people reported crappy battery life out of the box and then it settled down so I'll check back in tomorrow. If it continues this way I'll also do a factory reset and see what happens.
    FYI I took it off the charger at 100% and after 2h3m it's at 57%.

15. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    if you just got it, you've probably been using it to download and install apps no? if so, then that could make sense. also, give it a few cycles, not just one day to allow the battery to settle in. most people report after about a week of battery charge cycles, things seem to improve.