1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Oxygen 2.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by No_u, Mar 3, 2011.

1. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Soo, after using CM7 for 2 weeks I've decided to flash Oxygen 2.0. CM7's shortfalls were the battery life and storage space. I'm hearing crazy story about batteries lasting days and the ROM has native apps2sd+ support.

However during the process of repartitioning and all that, I've deleted 9/10th of my SD card including the nandroid backup. Thankfully I do have the original HTC Sense backup on my PC. So I guess I can't go back to CM7 like it was about 2 hours ago.

Any tips on Oxygen? Seems like a solid ROM, just too bad my app backup was deleted too :rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. JokerNJ

JokerNJ Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    I've had Oxygen 2.0 running for the last 4 days (pretty much as soon as it was released!). Battery was pretty good, generally it was dropping 3-4% per hour with normal use.

I updated to 2.0.1 last night though and also flashed the latest radio. Battery today has been unbelievable - really not using much juice at all on standby.

I finished charging almost 8 hours ago, some light use on wifi (browsing and watched a few mins youtube videos), little bit of facebooking and Plume. Couple of emails and maybe a dozen texts in and out.
    Sitting at 80% battery now.

The only thing to consider is that it is a basic ROM. No A2SD+, you'll need to flash Darktremor script. No biggie though, I'm not the most technically minded and managed it.

I quite like the stock experience. You might have different battery life if you're using ADW or Launcherpro.
    Brilliant ROM in my book.

Element54 likes this.
  3. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Wait what? Basic? Apps2SD partitions are working fine here o_O

EDIT: Nvm, I installed DarkTremor as well, works marvelously.

4. bigt

bigt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2010
    Admin
    Hereford
    And here, apps2sd+ is included with Oxygen :)

5. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Well he was right, the apps2sd+ on Oxygen doesn't move dalvik cache.. So you can still easily run out. I've installed darktremor and put the dalvik cache to SD as well. Went from 70 to 110 MB internal. Don't think I'll ever have to worry about my internal memory again :D

Element54 likes this.
  6. bigt

bigt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2010
    Admin
    Hereford
    I gave up that worry when I repartitioned my HBOOT (or is it MTD) table, see http://alpharev.nl

7. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Thats HBOOT partition table.

MTD partition layout achieves the same thing, differently. I use that. Link in my sig.

The good thing about the MTD layouts, its its completely custom. I dont have to have a preset from alpharev. Currently I have 115MB for system, 25 for cache, leaving me 298 for data

Tags: